I swear – there are other people asking for information too – but the other day Jason again gave me a good question for which I had the data in hand. He asked:
As of yesterday, Sept. 18, 2012:
- There were 1851 apps available globally.
- There were 1094 developers with apps live in the store.
- The average is 1.6 apps per developer.
- 866 of developers had one app live.
- There are 18 developers with 10 or more applications live on the store.
- Microsoft has 26 applications live in the store (titled as Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Studios)
- 3 developers have more apps live in the store than Microsoft.